The following terms apply to the use of the service FileCentral ("Service") provided by Braxo AB ("Braxo"). By using the Service you accept these terms. Braxo may revise the terms from time to time.
About the Service
By registering and verifying the e-mail address a user ("User") may create an account in the Service. This account can then be used to send files ("Files")to one or more recipients. Files are uploaded to the Service and a notification is sent to the recipient(s) including a link through which the file can be downloaded from a server hosted by Braxo. All information in the Service is stored on servers within the EU.
- The User may not use the Service for illegal activities or in any other way in violation with current law. Also the Service may not be used in a way that may be considered obscene or offensive.
- The User may not use the Service in such a way that Braxo, any other User or the Service itself is negatively affected.
All files sent by the User via the Service belong to the User. The User warrants that the User holds the necessary rights to possess and use the Files. Braxo will handle the Files as confidential information and claims no rights to the Files. For files containing personal data the User is considered the Data Controller and is responsible for assessing that the terms for the Service is in accordance with the requirements for the handling and transfer of the personal data.
We respect the privacy of our users and never collect more user information than necessary to provide the service and related billing. We always treat personal data as confidential information.
When using subcontractors we ensure there is always a written Data Processing Agreement (DPA) in place for each subcontractor.
All staff operating the service is trained in the handling and confidentiality of personal data.
Any security breach, or suspected breach, where personal data may have leaked will be reported to the relevant Swedish authority, Datainspektionen, within 72 hours.
Security and confidentiality
The service has been designed to maintain a reasonable security level for confidential data:
- All communication via internet takes place via encrypted connections
- User files are always stored encrypted
- Users can create user specified encryption keys for increased security
- User specific encryption keys are never stored or logged in the Service
- Other encryption keys are stored separated from the encrypted data
- Server access is always via a login procedure and via encrypted connections
- Password are always stored as cryptographic hashes (one-way encryption)
The Service is operated on equipment placed in data centers with adequate protection and access control within the EU. Only authorized staff can login to the servers used by the Service. Technical logs that may include personal data in the form of ip addressses and e-mail addresses are purged within 30 days.
Braxo may send information related to the Service by e-mail to the User.
The User may terminate the account at any time whereby all information about the User and the User's files is deleted, with exception for what may be required by law. For paid accounts financial data is kept for the period required by Swedish law, 7 years.
Braxo may terminate free User accounts for users which have not logged in to the service during the last 365 days.
Braxo may terminate a User account without notice should the User fail to comply with these terms.
The Service is provided "as is" without any warranty of any kind regarding its functionality or correctness. All use is at your own risk and you agree that Braxo will not be responsible for any damage that may arise from the use of the Service. Specifically the Service is not intended to be used as a file backup service and Braxo cannot be held reponsible for the loss of files or other data.